Our team of professionals and staff believe that informed patients are better equipped to make decisions regarding their health and well-being. For your personal use, we have created an extensive patient library covering an array of educational topics, which can be found on the side of each page. Browse through these diagnoses and treatments to learn more about topics of interest to you.
As always, you can contact our office to answer any questions or concerns.
With SCS, you can experience numerous benefits in addition to the relief of your pain. Some of the benefits of SCS therapy include:
- The ability to try the therapy before having a permanent system placed in your body. You can test drive the SCS system to see if it helps control your pain before committing to a permanent system.
- While many Level 3 therapies are permanent, even a permanent SCS procedure is reversible. Even though the device is surgically implanted, it can always be turned off or surgically removed by your pain specialist.
- SCS therapy may help control difficult pain in the low back and legs—even when other therapies have failed.
- It is approved by the FDA for the management of chronic intractable pain of the trunk (low back) and limbs (legs and arms).
- It is covered by most health insurance plans, including Medicare.
There is no guarantee that Spinal Cord Stimulation will alleviate all of your discomfort.